Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just One of Many Ways my Mother Tortured Me

Recently my bride stopped by parents' home. While she was there, my mother presented her with an ancient instrument of torture, the Pellatron. This devilish little thing is a home electrolysis kit. I know, this already sounds like a bad idea. It's a couple of batteries attached to a needle in a stylish casing. Well, it was stylish compared to the other medieval items my mother the alchemist used. Any way, basically you picked a hair, jabbed this high voltage needle into the pore, and the hair died. Maybe some flesh too, but beauty comes at a price. Why my mother ordered this, I'm not sure. We're not exactly a fuzzy clan. It probably seemed like a good idea when she ordered this, but one look and you can doubt your wisdom. It must have been so frightening that she totally lost her wits. Why else would you use your only son (who hates needles) to test it out. Yea for me. I had blocked this moment from my memory until N handed this to me, with a little too much glee I might add. Women can be pretty sadistic when it comes to humor. And testing mail order medical instruments.

Ok, Mom never actually tortured me. Not on purpose anyway. Luv ya, Mom !!!!



Modern, my ass. Unless these were actually printed by Gutenburg.















The business end.





2 comments:

nikki said...

I am interested in the other ways in which your mom tortured you. Maybe I should ask her!

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Holy crap this is a terrifying update.